Cosmetic dentistry is a specialized area of dental care that focuses on improving the appearance of the smile as well as the functionality of teeth and gums. At Gentilly Family Dental, LLC, we offer patients a wide range of cosmetic dentistry treatments such as teeth whitening and porcelain veneers.
Our cosmetic dentist has additional training in aesthetic procedures and knows how to restore and improve our patients’ smiles with treatment plans personalized to their unique needs and goals. If you are looking to fix cosmetic dental flaws and achieve a brilliant smile, you may be the ideal candidate for our cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and improve your smile’s appearance. The implant post is inserted into the jawbone, where it acts as a replacement tooth root and stimulates the jaw with pressure to keep it healthy and avoid atrophy of the bone. Once the jaw has healed, the implant can be restored with a dental crown or bridge. This will restore the missing tooth while stabilizing the bite and preventing damage to your surrounding teeth as well.
Mini implants are smaller versions of traditional dental implants and function the same way by stabilizing restorations and providing a secure fit. The only difference is in their shape and size.
The titanium alloy used to make mini implants is the same type used in traditional implants. They are also both surgically placed into the jawbone through minor surgery processes. However, since mini implants are smaller than standard ones, they require less bone mass to hold them in place. As a result, they are best suited for patients who do not have enough bone tissue to support traditional implants or who can’t undergo surgical implantation procedures due to a health condition.
A veneer is a thin porcelain restoration that covers the front of a tooth, instantly improving its appearance. They are custom-made for each patient and are permanently bonded to the front of the tooth to protect them from damage and restore them to their ideal shape and size.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” used to restore a tooth that is misshapen, discolored, or fractured. They are made from porcelain and designed to look like natural teeth.
Teeth whitening is a procedure that uses a bleaching solution to remove stains and discoloration from teeth. This treatment is also useful for removing plaque buildup and creating a protective barrier against future staining. The most common reason people get their teeth whitened is to boost their self-confidence and improve their smile’s appearance.
The Advantages of Cosmetic Dentistry
- You can correct a host of imperfections in your teeth and smile. Discolorations, gaps, cracks, chips, misalignments, and more can all be fixed with cosmetic dentistry treatments. With modern dental technology, these imperfections can be eliminated from your smile.
- You won’t have to live with an imperfect smile anymore. Having a beautiful smile can give you added confidence and improve your self-esteem.
- You’ll boost your self-confidence. You’ll feel better about yourself when you get a smile you love.
- You can get care to restore or improve the functionality of your teeth and gums. For example, you can get crowns or implants to enhance the strength of teeth that have decayed or been damaged. You can also have crooked teeth straightened out through orthodontic care.
- You can improve the health and longevity of your teeth and gums. Veneers, for example, can conceal tooth damage while also protecting the teeth from further harm. Tooth-colored fillings blend in with your natural smile and also restore the teeth and protect them from further decay.
If you want to learn more about cosmetic dentistry and how it can benefit you, visit Gentilly Family Dental, LLC, at 2610 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, or call (504) 482-9919. Our dentist can help you find the best option for your smile.